We are pleased to introduce Timberland Medical Centre’s Hepatobiliary Team; consisting of (from the left) Dr Liew Shan Fap, Gastroenterologist, Dr Febra Siam, Hepatobiliary & General Surgeon and Dr Patrick Wong, Interventional Radiologist.
Our hepato-biliary (HPB) surgery service provides comprehensive care for people with liver, pancreatic, biliary and gall bladder disorders.
We provide advanced laparoscopic (key-hole) surgery for pancreatic and liver tumours.
Conditions and treatments :
We provide all-round care for people with liver, pancreatic, biliary and gall bladder disorders. Our team offers specialist investigations and care for conditions such as
- primary liver cancer
- hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)
- benign liver tumours: focal nodular hyperplasia (FNH), adenoma,
- biliary cystadenoma
- primary biliary cancers: cholangiocarcinoma and gallbladder cancer
- primary pancreatic cancer
- secondary liver tumours from a colorectal, breast or other primary
- chronic and acute pancreatitis
- complex benign hepato-biliary and pancreatic conditions.
We offer a range of specialist surgical and medical investigation and treatments for these conditions, including:
- Imaging investigation of liver tumors using Ultrasound, CT, MRI Primovist
- Specialist endoscopy (OGDS, ERCP and Endoscopic Ultrasound)
- Open and laparoscopic liver, pancreatic and biliary surgeries
- Percutaneous Radio-Frequency ablation (RFA) and microwave ablation of primary and secondary liver tumours
- Transarterial chemo-embolisation (TACE) for primary liver tumours and percutaneous bland embolisation for liver tumours
- Endoscopic radio-frequency ablation for biliary tumours (endobiliary and EUS RFA)
- Selective internal radiation therapy (SIRT) for primary or secondary liver tumours
- Sorafenib for primary liver cancer – hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)