Physiotherapy is one of the support services available in Timberland Medical Centre. The primary services provided by the Physiotherapy Department are to care for outpatients and inpatients.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
Our team of physiotherapists are providing a variety of services for patients of all ages with various conditions and illnesses. Our physiotherapists are articulate and experienced in fields of neurological, musculoskeletal, and other rehabilitative needs.
1. Acute and chronic musculoskeletal disability and dysfunction
2. Cardiorespiratory dysfunction
3. Central nervous system trauma and disease
4. Geriatric and aged conditions
5. Neurological/ Neurosurgical conditions
6. Palliative Care related conditions
7. Nervous system trauma and disease
8. Physical mobility impairment
9. Post-surgical conditions at risk of developing respiratory complications
10. Rheumatologic conditions
11. Surgical and traumatic orthopedic conditions
Some of the common interventions used by our physiotherapists include :
1. Individualized exercise regime to improve mobility and muscles strengthening
2. Mobility and functional training
3. Airway clearance techniques and breathing exercises
4. Joint manipulation and mobilization to reduce pain and stiffness
5. Use of walking assistance
6. Soft tissue mobilization
7. Muscle re-education to improve muscle control
8. Electrotherapeutic modalities
ACCESSIBILITY TO TREATMENT
As a compulsory requirement of Malaysian Accreditation Quality of Healthcare (MSQH), a referral from medical consultant or general practitioner is necessary to access our Physiotherapy services.
An appointment will be arranged shortly after as we believe early intervention will lead to better rehabilitation outcome.
If you are admitted to Timberland Medical Centre, or attend a specialist clinic, one of our doctors may refer you to the physiotherapist.
OPENING HOURS (INPATIENTS AND OUTPATIENTS)
Monday to Friday : 8.30am – 12.30pm & 2.00pm – 5.00pm
Saturdays : 8:30am – 1:00pm
Sundays & Public Holidays : Closed
For enquiries, please call our Physiotherapy Department at :
Telephone : 082-23466 (ext. 1005)
Email : tmc.physi[email protected]