Our skin, being the largest organ in the body, is the first body defence against infections and trauma. Apart from regulating body temperature and producing vitamin D, our skin is also a reflection of our body’s general well being. It may show early signs of systemic diseases.
Dermatology is a subspecialty of internal medicine, which treats skin, hair and nail conditions. These include all kinds of common skin diseases, drug eruptions, systemic diseases, skin cancers, sexually transmitted diseases and also cosmetic conditions.
Timberland Medical Centre offers treatment for medical dermatology like acne, eczema, psoriasis, hives, inflammatory dermatoses and skin cancers. Besides that, we also provide surgical procedures such as mole and cyst removal, excision of skin tumours, keloid injections, cryotherapy and electrosurgeries.
We provide the following services :
- General skin conditions – Eczema, Psoriasis, Acne, Warts, Skin Infections, Drug eruptions.
- Pigmentary disorders – Vitiligo, Hyperpigmentation.
- Paediatric skin diseases – Atopic Eczema, Genodermatoses, Skin Infections.
- Hair and nail conditions – Alopecia areata, Androgenetic Alopecia, Tinea capitis.
- Skin tumours – Skin tags, Seborrheic Keratosis, Skin Cancers.
- Venereology (sexually-transmitted infections) – Syphilis, Gonorrhea, Herpes Infections.
- Cosmetic dermatology – Melasma, Acne Scars, Keloids, Xanthelasma.
Timberland Medical Centre is among the leading private hospitals and medical centres in the region (Kuching, Sarawak, Borneo, Kalimantan) to specialize in Dermatology; assisting in the healing of the sick so they may enjoy a better quality of life.
Doctors working within Dermatology (Skin):Dr. Kho Wee Meng
Qualifications: Medical Doctor Degree, University Sains Malaysia Membership of Royal Colleges of Physicians, MRCP (UK) Certified Medical Impairment Assessor Dermatology…