Radiology & Interventional Radiology
Radiology or Diagnostic Imaging services refers to the use of medical imaging to diagnose and sometimes treat diseases within the body.
A variety of imaging techniques are used to diagnose diseases – such as X-ray radiography, ultrasonography, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), nuclear medicine and PET-CT.
The acquisition of medical images is usually carried out by the trained technicians called radiographers. The Radiologist, a specialist doctor, then interprets or “reads” the images and produces a report of their findings and diagnosis. This report is then transmitted to the Clinician doctor who requested the imaging.
Interventional Radiology is a subspecialty in Radiology in which minimally invasive treatments are guided by medical imaging via X-ray, CT Scan or Angiographic machines. Various procedures can be performed, encompassing multiple body organs. As these procedures are done through small incisions, a shorter recovery period can often be achieved.
Procedures Offered at Timberland Medical Centre :
Ultrasound / CT Scan Guided Drainage or Biopsy
General Diagnostic Angiogram
- For dialysis – Cuff catheter and non-cuff catheter insertion
- PICC, Hickman’s line insertion, Central Venous Line
- Chamoport insertion
- Dialysis Fistuloplasty and central venoplasty
- Arterioplasty and stenting
- Mechanical thrombactomy and thrombolysis
- Embolisation of tumours before operation
- Embolisation of acterio-venous malformation
- Embolisation or stenting of bleeders or aneurysm
- Parcutaneous Transhepatic Biliary Drainage and Cholangiogram
- Biliary Stenting
- Transarterial Chemoembolisation (TACE)
- Radiofrequency Ablation) (RFA)
- Antegrade ureteric stenting
Insertion and removal IVC filter
Neurovascular and Stroke Interventions
After more than 23 years in service, Timberland Medical Centre is among the leading private hospitals and medical centres in the region (Kuching, Sarawak, Borneo, Kalimantan) to specialize in Radiology; assisting in the healing of the sick so they may enjoy a better quality of life.
Doctors working within Radiology & Interventional Radiology:Dr Chai Sing Ling
MBBS (Uni. of Auckland) Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologist National Specialist Register Number : 135273Dr. Vincent Chen Boon Hean
MBBS (UNSW Australia) M.Medicine (Radiology) UKM FRCR (London) Qualifications : Master of Medicine at Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia Fellow of The…Dr. Lee Phaik Im
MBBS Master in Radiology (UM) National Specialist Register Number : 132184 Qualifications : MBBS (University of Malaya) 1992, Master…